The functions are assigned to 512 measurement channels and a customizable set of additional (e.g. stimulation, reference, biasing) electrodes. All 512 measurement channels can be configured to impedance or potential measurement mode. The key features of these measurement channels are:
- Software programmable low impedance current measurement or high impedance potential measurement on all 512 measurement channels
- Fully simultaneous/parallel data acquisitions on all 512 measurement channels
- High precision complex impedance measurements up to 1 MHz
- Low noise Electrophysiological potential measurements with up to 50 kSPS
- EIT measurements with up to 100 fps
Electrical stimulation can be configured freely (steps, pulses, ramps, sinusoidal, arbitrary) on up to 4 independant stimulator channels. Mapping of these stimulator channels onto the sensor electrodes is done through the sensor specific functional multiplexing situated inside the sensor adapter. The functional multiplexing also handles assignments for reference or biasing electrodes.
On top of that the system can be extended with other measurement modules, e.g. a high frequency impedance analyzer or potentiostat to allow even more versatile sensing options.